Wednesday 2 January 2019

2019 here we come


2018 has gone the way of all flesh and 2019 is just beginning. I'm going to take a few minutes to talk about my thoughts of 40K in the past year from my experience.

Real life events aside, 2018 saw my love of the game waver somewhat. Not because of the game itself as I still feel that 8th edition is the best the game as ever been but because of the sheer negativity that has been cast at the game by both the online community and sadly, a couple people in my own local club. While I try to be positive it was hard when so many people are putting the game down rather than seeing how good it actually is.

Couple that with my losing interest in the Death Guard army I had collected, I couldn't get motivated like I had in the past. That has thankfully changed with my decision to change to something else. I am really looking forward to getting some games in with my new Genestealer Cult force. Something must be right as I already have my starting force painted - something I never managed to do at all with any previous army I had. Wish me luck.

I'm always trying to get my local club motivated to try different things. In the past during the days of 4th and 5th edition I used to run frequent campaigns which always proved popular. These days we don't have the same players and the newer members don't seem interested for some reason. But I am pleased that we are going to be playing our own version of the Vigilus Campaign. I was quite surprised that there was the interest that I have.

I'm hoping that this slowly returning positivity is going to roll on and build up momentum. I really want 2019 to be a return to the 40K glory days of old.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and best wishes for your new journey with the Cult and a new Vigilus campaign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Happy New Year to yourself as well.

      Delete

Crusade Battles catchup

 It's been a few weeks since I last updated and in that time I have played a further three Crusade games. I am really enjoying playing C...