Saturday 23 May 2020

9th Edition Announced


It has been debated many times in recent years on many many forums but today the truth was revealed and it is that we are getting a new edition of Warhammer 40,000. How do I feel about this? Well, I'm in parts excited but also more than a little pissed off if the truth be known. In my opinion 40K does not need a new edition. The rules, bar those for terrain, are perfectly fine. The game play works fantastically well. Sure there is some power creep but that is a codex issue and nothing new for Games Workshop. At launch we were told, briefly, that this was to be a living system that would be updated with Chapter Approved and online FAQs/errata. There would not be a need for a new edition. So forgive me for saying this, but 9th edition smacks to me of a money grab rather than a necessary update.

So with that rant over...

That trailer is just amazing! It's 40K all wrapped up in a lovely bundle. And people say GW can't do good videos. That take animation and make a two hour film of tv series please!! Yes, I know Angels of Death is coming but we'll see.

The new models look great too. I did notice the primaris with what appears to be a volkite pistol and my army will enjoy some assault primaris. Those have been too long in coming. The nicest but hidden reveal is the model for the Silent King. The necron walker looks tops too. Can't wait to destroy one of those on the battlefield.

All in all, I'm happy and I'm not, but what I am hoping will happen is that 9th edition will bring people back to our gaming club and playing some 40K again. We have seen a lacking in 40K games over the last year I think. We shall see but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

So, what are your thoughts on this new edition from what we have seen today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crusade Battles catchup

 It's been a few weeks since I last updated and in that time I have played a further three Crusade games. I am really enjoying playing C...