Tuesday 5 June 2018

Table Building part 1

I've been waiting a long time to start work on my own gaming table at home. I've finally started picking up a few bits for it and tonight I began to set things up to plan out how I want it to look. It has gone through a few changes. Three years ago the plan was to have a mining colony and that turned into an airfield but I was never happy with the plans I drew up.

Finally, something came to mind. One of my favourite military action films is Black Hawk Down and it occurred to me that was going to be the basis for the table design. Something that would work for competitive play and suitable for narrative. I like a heavy terrain table that borders on city fight density but allows enough room for flyers, super heavy vehicles and lords of war. This is what I hope to build with my table.

To start with I have picked up some MDF terrain from Wargames Tournaments - some ruins, a fortified building and I've got a watch tower on the way. The control towers are a pair of garden lights from where I work that were returned because they don't work. Pot Noddle pots for fuel silos, which need to be painted. I also have the old Games Workshop shrine terrain.

I also have a sealed Skyshield Landing Pad waiting to be build which I will include. If I can find a cheap crashed Aquila terrain piece somewhere that will go on there too as my downed "black hawk" in the clearing at the far end. I plan to pick up a few more MDF pieces as I go along, hopefully some bigger pieces for line of sight blocking and some smaller pieces like craters and barricades.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Crusade Battles catchup

 It's been a few weeks since I last updated and in that time I have played a further three Crusade games. I am really enjoying playing C...