Wednesday 17 January 2018

Painting Update

It has probably been several months since I last had either the chance or the motivation to actually get painting my models. What with some family medical issues of late and much stress at work, I decided to spend the entire afternoon and evening of my day off this week getting some done. Severn hours of painting later and I was going cross eyed.

One Plague Marine squad complete. These guys took a hell of a lot longer than the old chaos marines that I was used to. I think because there is a lot more detail on them than before. 

Say hello to Bubonicus, chief Blightcaster of Typhus' plague fleet. He didn't come out as well as I had hoped but I was very pleased at how well the contagious smite cloud appeared once dried.

Finally one Plagueburst Crawler. Much easier to do as it is just large open patches. I've left the slight painting miss strokes on the model as I don't really think the Death Guard are great at painting their daemon engines, so it looks okay from table gaming height.

I just have a shedload of poxwalkers, two units of plague marines, a unit of plaguebearers, two lords of contagion, two chaos spawn, some blightshroud terminators, deathshroud terminators and Mortarion himself to paint and I am up to date with my current army.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, that's a fairly long painting list, though I suspect I've got plenty more on my list too!

    I just love a good long painting session, sometimes if I've just had an hour or so I really feel like I've got nowhere, whereas a session like that always lets you see what you've finished, even if you'd rather have done more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is that I keep buying even though I don't have enough painted already.

      I just don't get a lot of time to do painting. Between awkward shifts at work, spending time with the girlfriend and my other hobby - tabletop roleplaying - when I do get some free time I am usually too tired or just not motivated.

      Delete

Crusade Battles catchup

 It's been a few weeks since I last updated and in that time I have played a further three Crusade games. I am really enjoying playing C...